- Permanent Residence permit in Cyprus available to non-EU nationals.
- Holders of such permit are not permitted to work or engage in any kind of business activity in Cyprus.
- May also be granted to the spouse and/or children (under the age of 18) of the holder.
- Slow-track process which requires approx. over 24 months to be examined and for the permit to be issued unlike the 6.2 PR option which takes approx. 6 months.
- The applicant should possess a secured annual income high enough to allow living in Cyprus without the need to work. This income must come from legal sources from abroad.
The minimum annual secured income of is a factor subject to the factual personal circumstances of the applicant at the time of the application. For example:
- Whether there is an owned property or a rental property.
- Spouse and/or Children
The income must provide stable support for the holder (and their family where applicable) in the long-run and as such supporting evidence is required to show that all financial needs can be adequately covered.
Cancellation of the Permit
The Permanent Residence permit will be automatically cancelled if:
- The applicant acquires a permanent residence abroad.
- The applicant is absent from Cyprus for a period of 2 years.